THE SMALL PRINT
Specific Terms of Booking and Website Use
Booking Your Holiday
To secure a booking, please use the contact page. We will hold a provisional booking for you for up to seven days until we receive your payment for deposit. If you prefer to book by telephone booking please contact us on +44 7868 757 636. We will be happy to help you with any questions you might have.
We strongly recommend that you use holiday cancellation insurance to cover the cost of your holiday. This will provide you with peace of mind if an unforeseen event forces you to cancel your holiday.
Payment for Your Holiday
The initial payment is 25% of the total hire charge and may be paid by BACS, credit cards (with the exception of American Express), or debit cards.
The balance is payable no later than eight weeks prior to commencement of the holiday and will include a good housekeeping deposit of £250 for the property, with a separate £150 for the hot tub. We would expect both of these latter amounts to be fully refundable, as long as no damage has been suffered to the property and the Maintenance Company has not had to be called out to the hot tub. If you are booking within eight weeks of the start of your holiday, payment in full is required with your booking. Information including directions, key instructions, a contact number and hot tub disclaimer is issued on receipt of the final payment.
The site’s Worldpay payment system is compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
The hirer shall ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition and that the property and its contents are respected at all times. If damage occurs (beyond fair wear and tear) or excessive cleaning is required, a claim may be made on the good housekeeping deposit provided by the hirer currently set at £250, plus £100 for the hot tub.
Booking from Overseas
Overseas visitors are most welcome and because of the difficulties distance can impose we allow up to ten days from the date a reservation is made, for bookings to be confirmed. The balance of charges is due eight weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday.
Payment from overseas should be made by credit card, (Mastercard, Visa, Maestro Delta and Solo). Swift payment (international bank transfer); any bank charges incurred will be payable by the hirer. Please phone 00 7868757636 for details.
Please note that, once a booking has been confirmed, you are liable for the whole cost of the holiday.
However, if the reason for cancellation is not covered by your insurance scheme, we will, in any event, endeavour to re-let the property and, if successful, we will make a full refund, less a small administration charge. Accordingly, it is important that you let us know about cancellations as soon as possible by telephone, followed by immediate written confirmation.
The property is furnished and equipped to cater for a maximum of 10 guests, which is the the stated permitted occupancy and includes pots and pans, crockery, cutlery, iron, ironing board and hair dryers. There are televisions with dvd players, a smart tv in the living room and a docking station.
The property is supplied with pillows, duvets, bed linen and towels.
The property will always be cleaned thoroughly between each let. However, as only a limited period of time is available, between lettings, it is a condition of your let that you leave the property in a clean and tidy condition and that the property and its contents are respected at all times.
Short break holidays of three nights or more can be arranged, subject to availability, normally outside peak periods.
It is important to us that holidaymakers enjoy their holiday and every effort has been made to ensure this. However, in the unlikely event of dissatisfaction with the property, the hirer should immediately contact us, so that the opportunity to rectify the problem is given.
Terms & Conditions of Hire
- The hirer shall ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition and that the property and its contents are respected at all times. If damage occurs (beyond fair wear and tear) or excessive cleaning is required then a claim may be made on the good housekeeping deposit provided.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
- The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises.
- The Hirer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
- The Hirer binds and obliges himself to pay the lessor in respect of any loss or damage beyond fair wear and tear.
- Your initial payment comprises a deposit of 25% of the total hire charge. The balance of the hire charge must be paid at least 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. The Lessor may treat the booking as cancelled if the balance of the hire charge is not sent by this date.
- If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday, payment in full at the time of booking is required.
- The Hirer agrees that, in the event of Cancellation, while all reasonable efforts will be made by the lessor to re-let, the Hirer will be responsible for paying for the period of tenancy booked if a substitute cannot be found.
- The Lessor, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer’s party or their property, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises, however caused.
- The Hirer shall undertake to prevent any member of his party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbouring residents or occupiers.
- The Hirer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let..
- The Hirer undertakes to relieve the Lessor from any liability for damage or injury by any member of his party, however caused.
- The Hirer warrants that the subjects let are to be used for the purposes of a Holiday. Accordingly, Section 12(2) and Paragraphs of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 applies to the letting to the Hirer.
- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.
- All information on this website is correct to the best of our knowledge.